Thursday, June 5, 2008

Alpha Tango Uniform Lima Yankee Alpha

This edition of Phd comics is the story of my life, really.

After years of having my name spelled Aathulya (that's how my voters card reads), Atulyah (that's the Indonesian version),
Athulya (That's the Karnataka version. At least 30% of my quiz certificates are spelled this way),
Athula (occasionally Karnataka version),
Atul (HT version)
Ayatulla (I am making this one up, actually)
Adulya (Tam-land special),
Atulaya (I do have some certificates spelled this way),
Atula (No comments)
Atülya (Oh, I wish, but no, I am making this one up too),
Atoolya (Yes, this is real, and is the preferred spelling in Western France),
Atylua (Right ho, this was down south in London town),
I can totally empathize with how Tajel feels.

Results improved significantly when I started giving out my visiting card anyone asked me my name. And I believe its not a bad idea for business cards in the future to include a pronunciation guide too.

Oh, and for the record, its A-tul-yuh, not A-tul-yaaah

And yes, Phd comics rocks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monkee works pa.

Atulya said...

And bah, they'd spell that with a 'y'.

Jay said...

TODBM also works pa.

Atulya said...

K

Copyright: K and "famous person".

AddThis Feed Button