Friday, February 8, 2008

Why did the nilgai cross the road?

Can anybody tell me what this animal is? It strutted with a substantial aplomb as I was trying to make my way on the same road that it was on. Even when a Komodo dragon did the same act on me in Indonesia, I could at least identify the aforementioned specimen of fauna. But I am rather embarrassed to admit that I have absolutely no idea what this organism is.
Is it a
a) cow
b) horse
c) deer
d) mule
e) donkey
f) nilgai
g) none of the above ?

The only thing I know about the animal is that it is rather camera shy and the 12x optical zoom my camera boasts needed to be used in all its glory, to capture even this.

2 comments:

Suhas said...

Well yeah, it looks like a nilgai. A female nilgai.

Since i had nothing witty to add in your comments list, I guess I could mention your post reminded me of the Calvin and Hobbes strip: "Hobbes! Do you want to see an antelope?"

Read that one?

Atulya said...

Whoa, you can actually tell the difference? I don't think I can do that for any organism- humans apart, maybe. And sometimes in RVCE, even that was difficult.

AddThis Feed Button